We are pleased to publish a progress update on our Sustainability Implementation Plan (SIP). This progress update will also cover the recent enhancements made to our Sustainable Palm Oil Policy (SPOP).
Progress highlights include the following:
• Completion of the Grassroots’ and IOI’s joint field verification visit (3-7 July) to Sarawak (Long Teran Kanan) with RSPO as observer.
• Completion of the independent Labor Rights verification assessment work (desk and field work) by international consultant BSR.
• Enhancements of social, labor and recruitment commitments in IOI’s SPOP following dialogues with NGOs.
• Completion of the LiDAR peatland flyover assessments in Ketapang. Final peatland data analysis is expected within the next three months.
• Completion of peatland exposure mapping and prioritization in IOI’s third-party supply chain.
• Submission of an IOI action plan and progress update to the RSPO Complaints Panel (CP) following ground verification visits to IOI’s Ketapang concessions by the RSPO in September 2016 and February 2017.
Click here for the full progress update.
For a more detailed overview on all the actions of the SIP click here.